Saturday, July 24

Bargain Hunter and FOTD

So although me and the boyfriend are currently in the process of buying our first house, I can't help but indulge on a few purchases now and again that aren't lamps, tables or paintings. So I spent the other day bargain hunting around town for some little lovelies to calm my need to by makeup!
Gosh Soft'N Shine Lip balm in Barbie is lovely and currently all shades are 1/2 price. Much more pigmented then I expected but the shades are still sheer enough you can build the colour as bright or light as you like. I wouldn't say this moisturizes my lips, but i doesn't dry them out. I find this product really comfortable to wear and the cool blue toned pink really can build to a bold barbie pink which wears away to a pink stain when the balm has gone. Love it! I believe this brand is new to Boots, I'm looking to cut back on the chemicals I put on my face, especially products that are going straight on to bare skin. This was about £5.99 and claims to reduce dark shadows (and I've got plenty to test it on) This does seem to be aimed at young skin, I'm not sure how young you have to be to fit that group - I'm almost 21 am I too old?? Oh well the product smells pretty yummy, though I don't think the fruitiness smells all that natural, but hell if it works, it works. we'll see how it goes.

Famous by Sue Moxley eye shadows are currently 2 for £6 in Superdrug so I couldn't resist! I bought shade 1 - a creamy iridescent colour that is just goooorgeous. and shade 3 - a lilacy grey mushroom also with an iridescence flashed through. These eyeshadows are so nice, creamy soft and blendable, the packaging isn't the highest quality but not too bad. I'm massively keen on the unimaginative shade names but the lovely colours totally won me over. they do have matte shades in the range also but none really caught my eye this time round.

This is actually my boyfriends purchase as I got sick of him using my face scrubs, I pushed him to buy this grapefruit one as I loved the idea of being surrounded my that fresh smell in the morning. I was right! I love it. And now he whines at me for using his face scrub. Oh how the tables turn.

I also bought some Superdrug own body lotion and butter as their body range (scrubs and shower gels included) were 2 for £4. The red cherry and plum body butter smells like cherry flavoured yogurt and sinks in nicely when applied to slightly damp skin. it really is a super thick butter so be warned if you prefer something lighter. The lotion I bought was in cocoa, which smells slightly sweeter then Palmers own cream. There was also a coconut one which smelled lush but I have way too many coconut scented things!

Here's a FOTD using some new products. I kept it quite light as me and the boyf were just going for midweek cocktails and to see Toy Story at the cinema (oh my god so awesome)

I kept everything pretty simple and sheer:

Famous by Sue Moxley Eyeshadows shades 1 & 3.

Maybelline Falsies Mascara.

Olay Moisteriser mixed with a bit of Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation.

Korres Wild Rose Compact Powder.

No7 Natural Blush shade Petal.

Loreal Touche Magique Concealer.

I also used the new Aqua Light Pantene shampoo and conditioner. I'm not a Pantene fan usually but I am quite loving this so try it out if you haven't already. My hair feels cleaner for longer yet doesn't feel stripped or dry at all.

Found any bargains lately?

Lauren x

1 comment:

  1. I have one of the Goft soft n shines and love it! Mine is bright red and i actually find it really moisturising. And damn you for telling me they're half price! I certainly don't NEED any but i sure as hell want some! Barbie is one i've had my eyes on :O)
    And you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete